Office : Chief Executive Officer Unit
Position : Senior Secretary
To provide advanced professional secretarial duties in a highly responsible manner.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Interfaces with other Divisions/Units.
- Interfaces with personnel from the Ministry of Housing and other Agencies on matters relating to the Land Settlement Agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares correspondences, reports, minutes of meetings, and other material as required
- Files, stores and retrieves information.
- Maintains calendar of events, schedules appointments and arranges a daily programme.
- Assists internally and/or externally with coordinating of arrangements for public functions.
- Organizes and maintains an efficient inventory system with respect to all office equipment and supplies.
- Circulate letters, reports, information packs, minutes of meetings and other written information as required.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5 CXC/GCE O’Levels, including English Language.
- A recognized Certificate/Diploma in Administrative Professional Secretaryship;
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a similar position;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to compile, analyze and present data, communicate effectively orally and in writing, interact effectively with staff, elected officials and constituents;
- Expertise in typing, shorthand and organization skills.
- Sound skills in English Language, communications and human relations.
- Familiarity with fax machines, photocopiers, printers etc.