Whether you are in need of a housing lot or are already the owner of land for residential use and need assistance, here’s what Government’s Aided Self-Help Housing Programme can offer you:
Potential beneficiaries can have access to –
- Fully developed housing lots (for persons without land)
- Subsidised mortgage interest rate loans of 2% and 5% from the Trinidad & Tobago Mortgage Finance Company Limited (TTMF)
- Relevant information about building permits and statutory approval requirements
- A pool of registered builders/contractors
- Subsidised pre-approved house plans
- The HDC’s 22 Point Plan to ensure quality control for your housing project
- Technical assistance and oversight during the period of construction
The Government’s Aided Self Help Housing Programme is an affordable, high quality housing initiative of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development that will target resident citizens without land as well as those with land.
- 1,000 fully developed housing lots will be made available in the first cycle of this programme.
- Eligible citizens, without land, will benefit from access to these subsidised lots costing 30% of its market value.
This programme gives you the option of designing your own home according to your individual needs and specifications. There is also the option of using your own contractors. The Government’s Aided Self-Help Housing Programme also provides access to approved house plans, a list of registered building contractors, technical advice and oversight during construction.
Your home should be completed within a two-year time frame. The housing lots can only be used for owner occupied dwelling houses to accommodate you and your family.