JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PROGRAMME DIRECTOR
The incumbent is required to provide technical support to the Programme Director of the Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Co-ordinating Unit, Ministry of Housing and Urban Development (MHUD) with respect to the provision of project management services. Work includes conducting risk assessments for projects and programmes, reviewing and assessing the performance of work carried out by contractors and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
REPORTS TO: Programme Director, Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Co-ordinating Unit
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Support Staff of the Unit
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide project management services to East Side Plaza and New City Mall.
- Provide project management services in respect of the Government Aided Self Help Housing Programme and the Housing and Village Improvement Programme.
- Provide project management services for the Ministry’s ad hoc project etc. including the #43 Independence Square project.
- Provide facilities management and project management services for the renovation of the Ministry.
- Conduct risk assessments for projects and programmes that are being implemented by the Ministry and develop solutions to mitigate same.
- Ensure that quality standards are met on all projects and programmes that are being implemented by the Ministry.
- On behalf of the Permanent Secretary, review and assess the performance of work carried out by contractors undertaking work for executing agencies under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development.
- Assist the Permanent Secretary in processing requests for releases of funds by certifying work undertaken by contractors contracted by executing agencies of the Ministry.
- Constantly monitor the environment for emerging issues that could impact on the programme and provide advice on speedy solutions.
- Communicate with and provide technical support and assistance to all relevant stakeholders in the development and implementation of those components under their purview.
- Considerable knowledge of project management practices and principles.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement best practices, procedures and principles.
- Considerable knowledge of the processes applied in the management of the Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and co-ordinate the activities of a division.
- Skill in programme/project planning, co-ordination and implementation.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate projects and to devise effective methods of evaluation.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to prepare reports on programmes and projects evaluated.
- Ability to lead the project/programme implementation processes and devise creative solutions to address problems encountered and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to lead and manage a programme of multiple interrelated projects, and to motivate Project Teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with project stakeholders, associates, other public service employees and the public.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or Engineering, or in a related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the area of project management.