Unit : Corporate Services Unit
Position : Communications Officer
To assist with the coordination and implementation of all activities relating to the Public Relations and Public Education of the Agency.
- Reports to the Communications Specialist and Manager of Corporate Services Unit.
- Interfaces with other Heads of Units.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to assist in developing, implementing and managing a Strategic Public Education Programme.
- Coordinate with the media and other Public Relations Agencies in the execution of public relations projects.
- Act as a liaison between Settlement Councils and Community Based Organisations (CBOs).
- Networks with Ministries, NGOs, CBOs and other State organizations to create linkages for effective information dissemination and deal with contentious (Public Relations) media issues.
- Coordinate events of the Agency inclusive of public consultations..
- Assist with the preparation of speeches and press releases.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- A University Degree in Mass Communications or any other related Degree.
- Three (3) years’ experience in the field of public relations/education inclusive of community related activities.
- Knowledge of modern methods and techniques of information gathering, presentation and dissemination in print, radio and television media.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interview people and portray strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Experience in Events Planning Management would be an asset.