POSITION: HOSPITALITY ATTENDANT
The incumbent is required to prepare and serve light snacks and refreshments and maintain the kitchen and dining areas, appliances and equipment in a hygienic manner.
REPORTS TO: Designated officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: N/A
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and serves light snacks and refreshments, such as tea, coffee and juice.
- Cleans and maintains in a hygienic manner work areas, kitchen utensils, appliances and equipment.
- Checks cutlery, crockery, refrigerators and other kitchen equipment/appliance to ensure security and proper functioning.
- Operates small/medium kitchen equipment/appliances and reports the need for repairs when necessary.
- Packs, sorts and stores food supplies according to temperature and other requirements.
- Monitors supplies to ensure adequate levels and makes requests for replenishment when necessary.
- Prepares and clears meeting rooms as required.
- Performs any other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Some knowledge of the care and use of kitchen equipment, appliances and utensils.
- Some knowledge of the supplies and methods used in food preparation, handling and services.
- Some knowledge of cleaning materials and supplies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prepare and serve food.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- A minimum of (6) months experience in food preparation and in performing service duties.
- Primary school leaving certificate or evidence of having attended a secondary school for a minimum of three (3) years.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications including updated Curriculum Vitae should be submitted no later than
December 31, 2017
Director, Human Resources
Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
#44-46 South Quay
Port of Spain
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews would be contacted