Unit : Corporate Services Unit
Position : Procurement Specialist
The Procurement Officer is responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, goods, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications in accordance with the Agency’s policy.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Required to liaise with the other Units as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received by the Land Settlement Agency.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Lead the procurement group/process in all phases.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with the Agency’s policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids and Tenders.
Prepare bid awards requiring Board approval.
Qualifications and Training
- First degree in Social Sciences such as Business Administration, Project Management or related field or Bachelors of Law (LLB) from a recognised University OR
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Certified Professional in Supply Management;
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing procurement duties
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.