To benefit from the Aided Self-Help Housing Programme, you must complete the
Potential applicants must meet the eligibility criteria outline below.
Completed application forms will ONLY be accepted at the HDC Mall, Lisas Gardens, Couva, from Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm and on Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm from November 20, 2017.
Once you have met the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be selected to benefit from the programme.
Eligible citizens, with land approved for residential use, will be able to access:
- Mortgages at subsidised (2% and 5%) interest rates from the Trinidad and Tobago Mortgage Finance Company (TTMF)
- Subsidised pre-approved house plans
- A list of registered building contractors
- Technical assistance and oversight for the construction of their homes
- This initiative targets persons or families whose combined gross monthly income does not exceed $25,000
If you own land, you must:
- Be a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago and have resided (uninterrupted) in Trinidad and Tobago for the last five (5) years preceding the date of signing a Statutory Declaration
- Be twenty-one (21) years and over
- Be the owner of land in Trinidad and Tobago
- NOT be the owner of any other house
- Have a monthly (single or combined) income that does not exceed $25,000.00
Applications will be evaluated by the Aided Self-Help Housing Committee to ensure that you have met the necessary criteria.
Once you have met the eligibility requirements, please see below for application instructions:
- Application Forms can be downloaded below or accessed at: The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Level 2, #44-46 South Quay, Port of Spain; HDC San Fernando Area Office, #2 Mc Gillvary Street, San Fernando; HDC Couva Mall, Lisas Gardens, Couva; Land Settlement Agency Head Office, Orange Grove Road South, Tacarigua.
- Completed application forms can ONLY be submitted at the HDC Mall, Lisas Gardens, Couva from Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm and on Saturday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm from November 20, 2017.
- Potential applicants will be required to submit the original and a copy of supporting documents at the time of application. These include the T&T National Identification card, computer- generated birth certificate, driver’s permit or passport; marriage certificate (where necessary), proof of income (recent payslip, job letter or declaration of income for self-employed persons), a recent utility bill (not more than three months old), and a deed of conveyance.
- Applications will be verified by a Customer Service Representative and entered into the Ministry’s database.
Once you have met the minimum requirements, you will be automatically selected to benefit from the programme.