LSA Secondary School Quiz and Debate Final
On Wednesday 31st May 2017, the Land Settlement Agency hosted the Finals of the LSA Secondary School Quiz and Debate Competition at the Government Plaza Auditorium on Richmond Street, Port of Spain. Four schools advanced to the final after a keenly fought sixteen (16) team quiz leg, an eight (8) team debate quarter-final round, and a debate semi-final round.
Holy Faith Convent Couva faced North Gate College for the third place play-off, while Presentation College Chaguanas battled St Augustine Girls’ High School to determine which school will be declared as the champion. The topics were:
• First Place Play-Off – Be it resolved that squatters should pay Property Tax
• Third Place Play-Off – Be it resolved that squatting is a solution to the National Housing Shortage
After two very well fought debates, the results were as follows:
• 1st Place- Presentation College, Chaguanas
• 2nd Place- Saint Augustine Girls’ High School
• 3rd Place- North Gate College
• 4th Place- Holy Faith Convent, Couva
This competition, which was conducted with support and approval from the Ministry of Education – TT, used the secondary school system as a platform to disseminate information while encouraging dialogue and critical thinking.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development extends a special thank you to the following schools for their participation:
• Manzanilla Secondary
• Valencia Secondary School
• ARIMA NORTH Secondary
• Russell Latapy Secondary School
• Blanchisseuse Secondary School
• El Dorado West Secondary School
• North Gate College
• St. Augustine Girls’ High School (SAGHS)
• St Charles High School
• ASJA Boys’ College, Charlieville
• Holy Faith Convent, Couva
• Presentation College, Chaguanas
• Shiva Boys’ Hindu College
• Princes Town West Secondary School
• ASJA Girls’ College San Fernando
• San Fernando East Secondary
Our appreciation is also extended to the Ministry of Education – TT and the Ministry of Agriculture, Land, and Fisheries.
Congratulations to the winners!