New Home Subsidy
The New Home Subsidies programme, as administered by the Programme Monitoring and Coordinating Unit of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, provides successful applicants with financial subsidies of $35,000 or $50,000.00 depending on their annual income. Applicants, whose monthly household income is $4,000 or less, are eligible for a Subsidy of $50,000, and those whose monthly household income is between $4,001 and $7,000 may receive a Subsidy of $35,000.
This is to assist them in purchasing or constructing a home valued at no more than $200,000.00 in Trinidad and $220,000.00 in Tobago. Note the cost of the land is not included.
The Programme Monitoring and Coordinating Unit (PMCU) has developed ten (10) starter housing solutions that can be viewed here:
- One bedroom flat 10 8×24
- One bedroom flat 12 8×31
- One bedroom flat 14×18
- Two bedroom flat 25×25
- Two bedroom Sus RC 1st floor 25×25
- Two bedroom two story 25×21
- Two bedroom two story 25×25
- Three Bedroom flat 31 4 x21
- Three Bedroom flat 32×21
- Three Bedroom flat 32×24
- All applications are entered into the Ministry’s database and a random draw is used to select prospective beneficiaries.
- Successful applicants will be invited to attend an assessment interview to determine the veracity of their application.
- Supporting documents specific to the selected programme will be required
- A technical officer of the Ministry will monitor works to be undertaken to ensure there is strict adherence to the signed agreement and will authorize the disbursement of funds in tranches.
Programme Monitoring and Coordinating Unit (PMCU)
Level 3-4, JOBCO Building,
51-55 Frederick Street,
Port of Spain.
Tel: 1(868) 623-4663 ext. 2170/2288/2284/2258/2232
Fax: 1(868) 624-9664
Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
#44-46 South Quay, Port of Spain
1(868) 623-HOME (4663)